God’s Greatest Desire is for Us to Know Him!

  • Have you ever stopped to consider, how awesome it is, that the Creator of the Universe wants us to know Him! That what He desires most is that we would have a relationship with Him! I just think that’s amazing! 
  • Look at Isaiah 30:18, “Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.”
  • Do you see that? The Lord waits for us to come to Him. He wants a relationship with us! He wants to show us His love and compassion, how overwhelming that He should think of us! He wants us to trust Him, He wants to work in our lives, He wants the best for us! It makes me think of Psalm 8:4 which says, “what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?”
  • Yes, why Lord are you mindful of me? When I fail you a thousand times a day; when I choose my own way over yours; when I forget to pray or even acknowledge your presence, or the many ways you have protected me from harm; kept me from saying something hurtful; provided just what I needed at just the right time, before I even ask? Why? Because, as He says in Jeremiah 31:3, “…I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.”
  • Then there’s Revelation 3:20, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” 
  • How could we ever refuse such an offer? Oh that everyone would say Yes Lord, please come in, make yourself at home! And when we do, see the change begin! He will begin to clean out those cobwebs, He will remove what is unnecessary, He will shine His light into every corner, He will change the way we think, the way we see, He will soften our hearts. Why? So that we can bear much fruit! As John 15:5 says, “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” Therefore bringing Him glory and hopefully having a positive impact in the lives of others! 

‭‭






‭‭



Comments

  1. This is so mind boggling to me, too, Mary. I caught a show yesterday with Rick Warren, author of "The Purpose Driven Life". He was saying that God created us because He wanted family. That is so powerful ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone Has A Story

What controls you?

Affliction Can Produce Fruit