From Darkness To Light

“He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭13‬-‭14‬ ‭ESV‬‬‭
  • We have been rescued from satan’s domain and brought into the kingdom of Christ; We have been redeemed; we have been forgiven! 
  • Don’t you love the sound of that! Rescued. Redeemed! It just fills me with such joy! With hope! But, what comes to mind when you think of darkness? What was your life like before Jesus? For me, I would say it was a time of darkness. Like Paul describes in Ephesians 2:1-3. Have you ever experienced a place, even if only for a short time, of darkness, where there was no light at all? 
  • ‭‭ My husband and I have visited Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. As part of the tour, the guide turns off the lights. It is pitch black. Totally dark. You can’t make out any shapes of the formations that you know are there. You can’t even see your hand in front of your face! There’s just nothing. It’s only long enough to get the feel of what it must look like without the tourist visiting. But can you imagine what it would feel like if there was never any light? What would that do to your mind? Just thinking about that level of darkness makes me feel anxious.
  • ‭‭ That, for me, is what it’s like to be separated from God. Darkness, loneliness, despair. No hope or sense of purpose to life. Just living day to day, just getting through whatever the day brings. A constant feeling of emptiness, never feeling satisfied.  I can feel myself begging for someone to please turn on the light! Help me to see.
  • ‭‭ Enter Jesus! He is the one who can “turn on” the lights! Who can help us to see clearly! As Isaiah 9:3 says, “The people who walk in darkness will see a great light. For those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine”(NLT). And Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life”, (John 8:12 NIV). There is so much hope in these verses. No matter how dark it may seem, we don’t have to stay there! Jesus can and will show us a better way! 
  • As Psalm 40:2-3 says, “He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.” ‭
  • So praise God that we have been “rescued from satan’s domain and transferred into the kingdom of Christ”‬!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone Has A Story

What controls you?

Affliction Can Produce Fruit