Come with confidence to the Throne of Grace!


 Today’s topic is approaching God with  freedom, confidence, and boldness. 

  • Have you ever been afraid to approach God? I mean, maybe you think there are some things you can’t talk to Him about. Maybe He wouldn’t be interested? Or you think your concern is too small and insignificant, and you can figure it out on your own? I know I have, but I am learning that that isn’t the case! God cares about everything that concerns you! No matter the topic! 
  • Hebrews 4:16 says, “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”(NIV) I also like Ephesians 3:12 (NIV), which says we can approach Him with freedom!
  • ‭‭I love the word “freedom”. Freedom, for me, means I can be myself with God. I don’t have to get my act together first. I don’t have to fear that He will push me away or make me feel the things that concern me are of no interest to Him. I can simply be myself trusting that He sees, He hears, He cares. 
  • The verse also says, we can approach Him with confidence. Confidence knowing that God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. Confidence that God keeps His promises. As Numbers 23:19 says, “God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?”
  • ‭‭The NKJV of Hebrews 4:16, says we can “come boldly to the throne of grace”. So, I can also approach the Lord with boldness. Boldness with humility. Boldness that is centered on Jesus. Boldness that calls us to be strong and courageous, to step out of our comfort zone. To be specific; ask for exactly what we need. After all, Jesus says in Matthew 7:7, ““Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” 
  • So, when you feel like your concerns don’t matter to God, remember, Psalm 55:22, “Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.“ and of course, 1 Peter 5:7, “casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.“ 
  • And remember, we can approach the Lord with boldness, confidence and freedom! So let us be courageous in our prayers and confident in our Faith that our God hears, knows and sees our needs and He will provide!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone Has A Story

What controls you?

Affliction Can Produce Fruit