What is your “Egypt” the Lord has rescued you from?

 ”I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.“ Exodus‬ ‭20‬:‭2‬ ‭ESV‬‬

‭‭ I have read this verse multiple times, but it hit me differently today. I hadn’t thought about this before, but what is my “Egypt”?Egypt for me, is a place of separation from God. A place of darkness, loneliness and despair. Held captive by the enemies of my mind. “Not good enough”, “don’t measure up”, “not wanted”. The constant need for approval, to fit in, for validation. Doing whatever was necessary to get my needs met yet never feeling fulfilled. A “slave” to my fears and emotions, allowing them to control me instead of me controlling them. As Peter reminds us, “For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved.” (2 Peter 2:19, ESV) I suppose that is why it is so important to put 2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV) into practice! “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” Learn to recognize the lies of the enemy and replace his lies with the truth of who Jesus says we are. 

‭‭Thankfully, like  the ancient Israelites, God has brought me out of the “house of slavery”.
 As Psalm 40:2-3 says,

“He lifted me out of the slimy pit,

    out of the mud and mire;

he set my feet on a rock

    and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,

    a hymn of praise to our God.

Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him”.


So, what is or was your Egypt? And how has the Lord brought you out? Give Him praise and thanksgiving for how He has rescued you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone Has A Story

What controls you?

Affliction Can Produce Fruit